Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"The greatest wealth is health"



Virgil was a dude, if he had a penny for everytime a couple of his phrases had been used, he'd be pretty well off. Still dead though, as my guess is that the science behind Cyronics wasn't around back in those days. "Fortune favours the brave". Yep, that was him. "Love conquers all" was him too.

Ok, I'm procrastinating. "Why" I hear you all ask, weirdly in unison.

Well, I'm going through a mid-life crisis.

No, not really, at least I don't think so.

I desperately need to prove my masculinity now that my wife is working full time.

No, that's not it either.

I'm not a shallow narcissist and it has nothing to do with me hitting 40 in a few years time. Maybe I'm just thinking if I don't do it now, I'll probably never shift it.

Ok, this is the plan, I'm giving myself 4 months to turn my body into a proper temple from the current Aztec ruin that it is!

Only trouble is, I have no money, no time and to be brutally honest, (to explain my indecision at the start), no real inclination either!

I know basically what I need to do. Get rid of some of the fat, change the rest to muscle, easy!

I'm thinking of a £50 budget which rules out gym memberships. Just as well, I calculated that I have been a member of various gyms over the years for a total of 7 years. In that time, I've used the swimming pools on offer 3 times and the actual gym itself? Well if we include the 3 induction sessions,and take away the one that I missed, it's been, let me just add up, ah yes, twice!

There are a couple of other obstacles.

I know nothing about diet, and am not going to learn. If anyone tries to tell me, I just switch off. It's just an automatic reaction, I have nooooo interest!

I can't jog. I can, in fact I can run forever if there's a ball in front of me, but jog for jogging sake? Purlease, how boring is that! I don't have suitable trainers anyway. I have a pair of footy boots, some astro-turf trainers, 1 pair of shoes and the only trainers I have, I lost the laces ages ago and they fall off if walk any faster than a tortoise.

So, in a nutshell, no money, no knowledge, no equipment and no motivation!

I do have a couple of things going for me though.

I'd like to think that I'm naturally quite fit and healthy.

I play footy once a week and I also go weekly to the golf driving range that I blogged about previously, but not sure how that helps at all!

I have a trampoline in the garden, but my back tends to hurt everytime I use it.

There's one of them exercise balls somewhere in the garage.

And lastly, I have the kids to run after.

I have a few ideas to help me. I've bought a skipping rope for £2, it did wonders for Rocky after all !

My good friend the internet has supplied with lots of videos and useful links

I just need to find the time to read/look at them now...

I wonder if it's the appearance of my 2nd, 3rd and 4th grey hairs, eight years after my first? No, it's not that either. I do fancy a couple more tattoo's, hmm, I wonder if that's it?

If anyone would like to join in with me, feel free!

The links that I am going to use;

Goal Tracker - I'm a visual person, and some would say simple, and this is both, simple and visual!
Push-Up's - I've been trying to follow this for the last couple of weeks.
Sit-Up's - Again, I've been doing this for the last couple of weeks too.

I've been doing the above to build up a bit of strength, I need to move it up a level now, and need to find some time to go through all these links!


This http://www.nowloss.com/ looks useful
Summary of a BBC TV PROGRAMME that I caught the last 5 minutes of,,,
Another SKIPPING vid



No comments:

Post a Comment