Saturday, May 9, 2009

"If I Have Been Able To See Further, It Was Because I Stood On The Shoulders Of Giants"


Who would have thought that bestiality could lead to so much fun.  Wait, hold your horses (not like that!) Let me explain.

The story starts in the mists of times with those Ancient Greeks.  King Minos annoyed Poseidon, and vengeful git that Poseidon was, he arranged for Queen Parsiphae and a bull to have 'relations'.  Infamously, the resulting child was know as 'The Minotaur'.  King Minos did what any good husband would do - he ordered a clever chap called Daedalus to build a Labyrinth that was near enough impossible to escape from as a home for The Minotaur.   

As an aside, King Minos then locked up Daedalus and his son so nobody could ever discover the secrets of the Labyrinth.  Of course, Daedalus being rather clever, he fashioned some wings and escaped, but his dimwit son was Icarus who flew too close to the sun, lost all his feathers and subsequently drowned!

Anyway, we went to the world famous Hampton Court Palace Maze last week.  What a disappointment that place is!  Even my 2 year old managed to find his way in and out, without needing to stand on my shoulders, unlike Sir Isaac Newton (unless he was talking physics, and not mazes?)

So, I had a look on the net, hoping to find some 3D mazes that would be better.

Instead, I found this brilliant game called Theseus and the Minotaur.  So far, I've got stuck on level 4 which is dead annoying!  Did I mention that it was Theseus that finally killed The Minotaur?

There was also this site by Robert Abbott who's apparently a bit of an expert on mazes.  His games are also different, but challenging in a cerebral sense, give them a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment